Organizers are seeking clothing donations for the 13th annual Project Community Connect, a one-day event that provides essential services to those experiencing, or who are at risk of, homelessness.
This year’s event, which will provide access to services and items including clothing, toiletries, food, haircuts, and medical and dental care. The event is slated for 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, Feb. 1, at Zootown Church, 3623 Brooks St. More than 100 community organizations and businesses will come together to provide critical services and hospitality to Missoula’s most vulnerable community members.
Items needed include:
|· Sweaters||· Gloves||· Long underwear|
|· Long-sleeved shirts||· Winter coats||· Hand warmers|
|· Pants||· Winter boots||· Sleeping bags|
|· Warm socks||· Winter hats||· Blankets|
|· Underwear (new only)||· Scarves||· Backpacks|
Donation bins have been placed at locations throughout Missoula, including:
- Missoula County Courthouse, 200 W. Broadway St. (rotunda)
- Missoula Public Library, 301 E. Main St. (main floor Reference Desk and basement)
- Missoula Food Bank, 1720 Wyoming St.
- Missoula Federal Credit Union, all six locations
- Missoula REI, 3275 N. Reserve St., Suite K-2
- The Women’s Club, 2105 Bow St.
- Consumer Direct, 100 Consumer Direct Way
- Community Medical Center, 2827 Fort Missoula Road (cafeteria)
Donations will be accepted through Monday, Jan. 28.