MISSOULA – These traditional St. Patrick’s Day events will take place on Saturday, March 16, in Missoula:
- 8 a.m. – Irish Catholic Mass at St. Francis Xavier church in honor of St. Patrick.
- 11 a.m. – Parade lineup.
- Noon – Parade begins on Higgins Avenue.
- 2 p.m. – Hurling game in UM’s Washington-Grizzly Stadium.
- 2 p.m. – Irish Whiskey Tasting at the Rhino Bar.
- 2 to 4 p.m. – Free Carousel rides for children.
- 6 to 9:30 p.m. – Friends of Irish Studies Banquet and Auction in support of Irish Studies and culture in Montana at the Holiday Inn, Missoula Downtown.
The Banquet and Auction at the Holiday Inn is the big fundraiser for the Irish Studies program. Proceeds from the event promote Irish culture in the community, assist in the growth and development of the Irish Studies program and help students study in Ireland.
Tickets are $30 per person and available for purchase online or at the door. For more information, to purchase tickets or to donate to the Friends of Irish Studies, visit http://www.friendsofirishstudies.com.