Dragon Hollow is looking for volunteers to help with the new an All-Abilities playground build.
They are looking to add a rubberized surface path throughout Dragon Hollow to allow easier access by wheelchairs to existing inclusive elements and to the new features. They hope to add:
- A swing where a parent or other caregiver and a child can ride face-to-face
- A double slide to accommodate children with muscle control issues
- A net swing so children can sink safely into a ‘nest’ in the swing
- A place where children on the autism spectrum (and others, of course) can go to be alone
- A spinner (merry-go-round) designed for kids who need extra physical support
- Panels along the pathway to provide activities and points of interest
You can volunteer to work, offer the use of your tools, or donate. Visit SaveTheDragonMT.com to sign up.