Safe Kids Missoula is pleased to coordinate a local opportunity for teens age 13 to 19 residing in Missoula, Ravalli, Granite, Powell, Lake, Sanders or Mineral County to win a cash prize through the Take it From a Teen video challenge. The video challenge, sponsored by Safe Kids Worldwide and General Motors, is a unique way for teens to learn and creatively share important safety messages. Contest rules and guidelines are as follows:
The teen applicant will create a 60-second video that answers one of the following questions:
• How would you tell your friends to slow down while driving?
• How would you tell your friends to buckle up?
• How would you tell your friends to not text and drive?
• How would you tell your friends to not drive under the influence?
• How would you tell your friends to not drive with too many teens and not enough seat belts in the vehicle?
• Appropriate language or gestures
• Only showing safe actions, and not dangerous activities
• Appropriate dress
• Team entries are allowed (prizes must be shared)
Entries are due by 5PM on February 1, and will be judged on safety messaging, creativity, and adherence to time limit and contest rules. The winning entry will receive $100 and be entered into a national competition for a chance to win $1,000 and have a professional video team come and recreate your idea. Call Kira Huck at 406.926.2522 or email email@example.com if you have questions.