It’s back! This ax throwing, log rolling, saw revving, pole climbing, adrenaline rush of an event! Join us for the 23rd Annual FORESTRY DAY, Saturday, April 27th from 9:30am to 4:00pm!
$4 Entry Fee for Adults; $3 for Seniors; $2 for Students; $10 for Families. Kids under 6 and HMFM members get in free!
Every April the Missoula Valley comes alive with a timber sports event that you won’t want to miss!
Missoula celebrates the skill and bravery of those who work in the time-honored tradition of logging with the only Pro/Amateur event in the United States!
The laid-back atmosphere of this fun and family-oriented event draws thousands of enthusiastic onlookers and expert competitors. From the very young to the very old, there’s something for everyone!
Don’t miss out on the many events, demonstrations, and activities held throughout the day!
- Professional Logger Sport Competition.
- Pros, Collegiate, and Amateur contestants will compete head-to-head all day long.
- Restored Antique Logging Equipment Demonstrations!
- Steam-Powered Tractor.
- Live Antique Lumber Mill Demonstration run by the 1916 Case Steam Traction Tractor.
- Hit n Miss engines
- Hands on mining and panning displays
- The Historical Museum will have hosted buildings and activities for all!
- Climb to the top of a forest fire lookout
- Ring the bell at HMFM’s Shay-type locomotive, Engine #7
- And so much more!