A new hotline designed to meet the growing need for mental health counselors in Montana, has been created.
The Youth Recovery line is part of the state’s phone and internet based “virtual drop in” counseling center. It provides services in communities where few mental health services exist.
MHA of MT is targeting 18 – 26-year-old’s living with a behavioral health diagnosis and substance abuse issues as a part of meeting the following stated project criteria:
- relapse prevention and wellness recovery activities
- reduction of adverse impact related to traumatic experiences
- linkage to community services
- utilization of community resources
- healthy patterns of thinking and behaving
- crisis prevention & intervention
Due to a recently received a one-year, $30,000 grant from the PacificSource Foundation for Health Improvement, the program was able to add the new hotline.