Westside Park is in Northside/Westside neighborhood and Lowell Elementary School. The new area will feature modern play equipment that is fun, exciting, safe, and meets the goals of the school and neighborhood. The recreation area is largely designed by Lowell elementary school students.
1. The project includes the Lowell School playground and a separate preschool playground open to the public during school hours.
2. The new playground will be 40% larger and provide a variety of play types.
3. The remodel will be ADA-accessible and inclusive.
4. The design meets the highest standards of school playground safety.
5. The new park design provides additional open space for organized sports and games.
6. New picnic shelter adjacent to the splash pad.
7. Multi-use sports court for basketball, pickleball, four-square and more.
8. The synergy between the playground and splash pad make this park a very popular summer destination for residents all across Missoula.
9. The park is within walking distance of neighborhood residents, and is easily accessible via the zero fare Mountain Line Bus.
* Playground: $1.5 million
* Park/school grounds improvements including: picnic shelter, restroom, sports court, walkways, benches, tables, trees, green space, and active recreation turf for afterschool neighborhood use: $665,000
* Total project cost: $2.16 million
Additionally, gifts may be given over a 3-year period, and in-kind goods and services are gratefully accepted. Also, donor recognition will be prominently featured within the park.
More information available HERE .